Heyllo! Igniting Oomph Syndrome after a longggg gap. For all the lovely readers of my blog, some of the amazing followers & my constant motivators in life, always appreciating my work, going forward I am trying my best to keep up with frequent postings...I'll make sure I do! ;)
By the way, after Instagram the blog has its Facebook page too now... much OOMPH haan ;) hit the link (https://www.facebook.com/oomphsyndrome/) & be a part of my oomphilicious fam .......
Back to the deets of this post which is all about bringing that desi OOMPH in a semi-ethnic pleated skirt with flair. If you are one of those girls who like to or want to experiment with their existing clothes by recreating a new look in them then I hope this post will help. Also this might solve your outfit syndrome of 'what to wear?' at next coming up wedding season, at least at one of those functions, I wish it does. :)
I bought this skirt some 7-8 yrs back from a store located at GK M block market in Delhi & hardly wore it once or twice & then like those many other clothes it was also dusting somewhere in my wardrobe.
Since I always loved this beautiful sequinned skirt from my collection, I always had in the my back of mind to team it up someday in an interesting way. It was then when I had to attend one of day's function from a friend's wedding diary & I had no new outfit ready that I thought of the experimenting & styling this skirt in an ethnic way. Fortunately, against my doubt of getting it altered first for a waist fit, it fitted in perfectly as I have lost weight.
So instead of teaming dupatta with usual suit & salwar, I teamed it up with this skirt & a blouse which I got designed & stitched in contrast keeping the color & print of skirt in mind. The off white & golden colored blouse with green mirror accessory (I sourced from a local store) hanging on the back dori went beautifully in sync with the flare pleated skirt in ankle length to complete that desi look.
The skirt is ornated with golden sequin work over the prints which enhanced it's ethnicity needed for the occasion. I accessorized it with a pair of simple jhumkis in copper golden color.
Also, the wide flare & multiple pleats in the skirt creates a visually beautiful twirl/ ghera, bringing out the femininity of the whole outfit.
Fabrics: the skirt is in cotton fabric ; blouse is designed using brocade fabric in a golden self design.
Creating different looks:
So all the gorgeous girlies hinting from the look, must know that any such sequin skirt in flare, other than this ethnic styling can also be teamed up with a simple white T shirt/ shirt or with a contrasting top for a semi casual day outing look, I have already tried this skirt with a white T shirt & a casual top too. ;)
So next time you find any such skirt with flared pleats & some Indian bling, don't think twice to grab it as it can be one of your wise wardrobe investment for styling in multiple ways & at different occasions with a swagger ;)
I would love to see how you recreate this look & what's your take on the desi swag styling in skirt.







Love the combination :)
ReplyDeleteThank you <3 :)
DeleteVery nice ��
ReplyDeleteThank you , keep following :)
DeleteFirst of all u look adorable as always.... and u give amazing ideas ..and i am try this combination in one of my friends wedding
ReplyDeleteThank you dear, glad you are liking it & are able to relate to the styles to follow them :) Stay hooked for more <3
DeleteTraditional yet so un-traditional, you know ;)...girl, your styling is oomph-ilicious. Keep up the pretty work!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are liking it. This keeps me motivated to serve more & better in styling. :) Thank you for being an amazing part of my oomph-ilicious family. Keep following. Much love <3
DeleteThanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. Linen Skirt Women
ReplyDelete